The Taekwondo Cooperative is led by an international team of Taekwondo masters, athletes and former athletes who are also professionals in different industries, as well as senior advisors in technologies.
Here is a list and brief description of the various member roles
- Baord member: 2-3 people to set riders up for the race.
- Staging: organizing the riders so they are ready to get on the gate when it is time for their moto to race.
- Finish Line: recording the riders in order as they cross the finish line
meet the team
Jun Chul WhangManaging director & Founder
- Litigation attorney in Product Liability/Scientific Medical issues
- Korean Amrerican Community Foundation(director/Founding Member, 2002-2013)
- Georgetown University, LLM, International & Comparative Law
- Cornell University, J.D. and Dartmouth College, B.A.
Sungmok RyeManaging director & Founder
- President/ CEO of Hwasung E&C, CO. Ltd., a 1st tier contractor to Samsung Electronics
- Head of Alternative Investments, Standard Chartered Bank(Korea) Principal Transactions Group, Lehman Brothers(Asis)
- Master of Professional Studies in Real Estate, Cornell University
- B.A. in Business Administration, Korea University
Peter K. HwangManaging director & Founder
- Korea Representative, Bellevue Asset Management AG
- VP Asian Equities, Kim Eng Securities New York
- Strategic Planning, International Business Development, Shinhan Investment Corp.
- B.A. in Sociology, Korea University(Vice Captain of Korea University Taekwondo Club)
Chankyu ParkManaging director & Founder
- President/CEO of RMC, Co.Ltd., a medical device distributor
- Founder/SVP of hutem, Co.Ltd., acquired by Hugel, a publicly-listed healthcare company in Korea
- Boston Scientific(Korea), Janssen(Korea), A J&J company
Jung-il AhnManaging director & the Chair of Technical Committee
- Owner/master, the KU Young Tiger Taekwondo School
- Awards received from numerous national championships as a professional athlete
- B.A. in Physical Education, Korea University
Sung Jae YuChief Operating Officer
- CFO/COO, OSR Holdings Ltd, a healthcare investment holding company based in Seoul, Korea
- Strategic Planning, Korea Financial Industry Association(KOFIA), a self-regulatory organization Assignment with Financial Supervisory Service(FSS)
- B.A. in Public Administartion, Korea University
Yeiseok KimProduct Manager
- Analyst, OSR Holdings Ltd.
- M.D., Chonbuk National University School of Medicine
- B.S. in Envirionmental Science, Seoul national University
Sangjin HongSenior Technology & Crypto-economoy Adivsior
- Co-founder & CEO, Chain Cabinet(a blockchain startup platform and investor based in Korea and Singapor)
- Advisor to multiple startups such as Somesing, PlannerScape, Kstar Live, Verasity etc.
- Country General Manager, Gerson Lehrman Group(GLG)
- Product Manager, Microsoft
- BS Computer Science/Mathematics, Carnegie Mellon Univeristy
Dan WebbSenior Technology Advisor
- A software pioneer, co-founder & chairman of Open systems Inc.(1975)
- Post acquisition of Open System in 1983, a founder of Open system Apps LLC
- Consultant to Microsoft, Boeing, Chase Bank, 3M etc.
Tom ShinCrypto-economy Advisior
- Vice president, Meritz Asset Management(Seoul)
- Vice president, Maybank Kim eng(New york)
- B.A. Johns Hopkins University
Bill PottleCo-founder & the Full Stack Engineer
- Taekwondo faculty member, MSU Denver and 15 year dojang owner
- Founder of blockchain gaming company
- B.S. and M. Eng from Cornell University