The Taekwondo Cooperative is led by an international team of Taekwondo masters, athletes and former athletes who are also professionals in different industries, as well as senior advisors in technologies.
Jun Chul Whang
Jun is Taekwondo Cooperative's managing director and a founder
- Litigation attorney in Product Liability/Scientific Medical issues
- Korean Amrerican Community Foundation(director/Founding Member, 2002-2013)
- Georgetown University, LLM, International & Comparative Law
- Cornell University, J.D. and Dartmouth College, B.A.
Sungmok is Taekowndo Cooperative;s internal auditor and a founder. He is 3rd degree black belt, won medals in junior divisions of numerous domestic championships while attending middle school.
- President/ CEO of Hwasung E&C, CO. Ltd., a 1st tier contractor to Samsung Electronics
- Head of Alternative Investments, Standard Chartered Bank(Korea)
- Principal Transactions Group, Lehman Brothers(Asis)
- Master of Professional Studies in Real Estate, Cornell University
- B.A. in Business Administration, Korea University
Peter K. Hwang
Peter is Taekwondo Cooperative's managing director and a founder who believes that taekwondo deserves to have the kind of economic effects that other modern sports are enjoying today. He is 3rd-degree black belt and served as chief controller of Korea University Taekwondo Club.
- Korea Representative, Bellevue Asset Management AG
- VP Asian Equities, Kim Eng Securities New York
- Strategic Planning, International Business Development, Shinhan Investment Corp.
- B.A. in Sociology, Korea University(Vice Captain of Korea University Taekwondo Club)
Chankyoo is Taekwondo Cooperative's managing director and a founder. He is 4th degree black belt and an experienced medical device representative in Korea for a growing list of global healthcare companies.
- President/CEO of RMC, Co.Ltd., a medical device distributor
- Founder/SVP of hutem, Co.Ltd., acquired by Hugel, a publicly-listed healthcare company in Korea
- Boston Scientific(Korea), Janssen(Korea), A J&J company
Jung-il Taekwondo Cooperative's managing director and the Chair of Technical Committee. He si 7th degree black belt, a former professional athlete in taekwondo himself and currently running a taekwodno school in Korea.
- Owner/master, the KU Young Tiger Taekwondo School
- Awards received from numerous national championships as a professional athlete
- B.A. in Physical Education, Korea University
Sung Jae Yu
Sung Jae is Taekwondo Cooperative's COO. He is 1st degree black belt.
- CFO/COO, OSR Holdings Ltd, a healthcare investment holding company based in Seoul, Korea
- Strategic Planning, Korea Financial Industry Association(KOFIA), a self-regulatory organization
- Assignment with
- Financial Supervisory Service(FSS)
- B.A. in Public Administartion, Korea University
Yeseok is Taekowndo Cooperative's Product/User Experience Manager.
- Analyst, OSR Holdings Ltd.
- M.D., Chonbuk National University School of Medicine
- B.S. in Envirionmental Science, Seoul national University
Sangji is Taekwondo Cooperative's Senior Technology & Crypto-economoy Adivsior.
- Co-founder & CEO, Chain Cabinet(a blockchain startup platform and investor based in Korea and Singapor)
- Advisor to multiple startups such as Somesing, PlannerScape, Kstar Live, Verasity etc.
- Country General Manager, Gerson Lehrman Group(GLG)
- Product Manager, Microsoft
- BS Computer Science/Mathematics, Carnegie Mellon Univeristy
Dan is Taekwondo Cooperative's Senior Technology Advisor.
- A software pioneer, co-founder & chairman of Open systems Inc.(1975)
- Post acquisition of Open System in 1983, a founder of Open system Apps LLC
- Consultant to Microsoft, Boeing, Chase Bank, 3M etc.
Tom is Taekwondo Cooperative's Crypto-economy Advisior.
- Vice president, Meritz Asset Management(Seoul)
- Vice president, Maybank Kim eng(New york)
- B.A. Johns Hopkins University
Bill is the US Co-founder and the Full Stack Engineer
- Taekwondo faculty member, MSU Denver and 15 year dojang owner
- Founder of blockchain gaming company
- B.S. and M. Eng from Cornell University